Monday, March 1, 2010

Brand Spanking New

Or more like Brand Spanking Renewed attitude. March is here and I'm ready for it.

Last night before bed, I made overnight oats with 1/3 cup rolled oats, 1/3 cup soy milk and 1/3 cup blueberry yogurt. Then this morning I threw in some walnuts, flax seed and a banana. Nom nom nom. That pretty much held me over until 10 a.m. when I started chomping on some Farmers Market carrots. Tastytown.

Later I had lunch with Stef and Joaq. I had baked some chicken breasts and I heated some wild rice and a sweet potato. And of course, a Dark Chocolate Jell-O mousse. NOMS.

Anyway, during lunch we had a brief Meeting of the Minds and I was reminded of some stuff I'd said about two weeks ago: I have to find time for myself. Not just time when I can sit around and do nothing. But I'm-worth-it time. Because that's how things get done.

So I made my way to the gym which was cuh-razy packed: The first Monday of the month is Pizza Night so you have all these people working out and all these people eating pizza. It's completely contradictory, but I think they had some apples and oranges last time.

I had to wait around for machines and ask people how many sets they had left, but I finally got my upper body work out in. It was awesome and then it was time for Cardio. Yes, I capitalized Cardio, because it was 40 minutes of intervals that kicked my ass. It was hard (I swear if someone even thinks "That's what she said" ...) and I got all sweaty and gross. But eventually the 40 minutes were up and Cardio was done.

Now, I'm home. I'm going to rap up because I realized I'm monologuing. My friend Kate suggested I measure myself so I can observe changes numerically (besides just hopping on the scale). I had been putting this off, mostly because they're not the best numbers but I might as well face them. Here are my measurements as of March 1:

Bust: 46 inches
Waist: 45 inches
Stomach: 53 inches
Hips: 53 inches
Left Upper Arm: 15 inches
Left Thigh: 31.5 inches
Left Calf: 16.5 inches
Right Upper Arm: 15 inches
Right Thigh: 32 inches
Right calf: 16.5 nches

There. Let's see what a new outlook, renewed food changes (I refuse to use the D word), and a new work out can do. Like I said this morning: Bring it on, March.

No comments:

Post a Comment