Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Baby Steps

I went back to the Rec Center last night. It took a while to get back into the groove of things but I ended up working out for about 40 minutes. I'll eventually have to find another gym, especially over the winter break when they'll be closed from Dec. 21-Jan.3, which is nonsense, really. I'll be looking into Planet Fitness, it's $10 a month and I've heard many good things.

Moving on, I started compiling a list of reasons why I want to reach my goal. Health, of course, is at the top of the list, mostly because the consequences I've have to deal with because of my weight: Breathing problems, a busted right knee, constant ankle pain, high blood pressure, etc.

Let's not forget the alarming increase in obesity-related cancers (breast, pancreatic, colorectal, kidney). None of these sound like a fun time. I hate to think that I'm scaring myself into working out, but keeping up with a sedentary lifestyle would get me nowhere (quite literally) except maybe a hospital room.

I'm hopping on my Wii fitness in a few minutes, it'll probably tell me something snarky about how I didnt keep up with my last program. Thankfully, my Wii trainer isn't Jillian Michaels :D Well, not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment