Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I joined a gym!

Planet Fitness is now my new home away from home. Well, at least I'm going to try and make it that way. After an interview with a Spectrum trainer for a story, I went right over to Planet Fitness and signed up for a membership (I'm sorry Spectrum, I just can't afford you right now :( )

Moving on, I signed up, got two Spurs tickets for doing so, a shirt and some passes. It wasn't as scary as I thought it would be. It also didn't hurt that my co-worker Regina goes to the same gym and called me to make sure I was there (Thanks, friend!). We did some warm up on the treadmills and then shimmied over to the ellipticals.

I'm not going to lie, it was a little hard. But it's worth it. Kick-off is two days from now. I'm scared, I'm excited and I need to start setting baby goals so that I can re-evaluate them once their met. Anyway, going home tomorrow. Let's see how good I am at moderating myself around tortillas de harina, bunuelos and tamales. Eek..

No comments:

Post a Comment