Tuesday, December 8, 2009

I get by with a little help from my friends...

Since I can't get myself to write this on Facebook, where I usually spend most of my day, I've decided to continue my blog.

Now, when I first started, I had no idea what to write about. Should I focus on my passion for cooking, food (anything ingestible, really) or should I concentrate my efforts on my journey (yes, I said journey) toward finding out who I am without the layers I've put on myself throughout the last 24 years?

I'm going with both. I'm going to figure out how to remain a foodie (and, no, foodie is not a bad word) and get to my goal weight. Let me break it down for you: I'll basically use my knowledge as a foodie, to get in shape. I'm upping the ante–I actually have a goal in mind.

I want to be under 200 pounds by my 25th birthday. I'd like to eventually (read: within two years) reach a BMI of 29 (I'm currently sitting at 47, that's morbidly obese, folks.) I should have prefaced that I want to be as open about my work as I can be. I want to be held accountable for what I'm doing. With that being said, I'm currently 268 pounds and my goal weight is 163. That's 105 pounds of damage, neglect and emotional eating that I need to atone for.

And, I'd really like your help. I can only go so far with science and math, knowing what to eat and what not to eat, how long I should work out...you get the idea. I want a support group that will hold me accountable for not working out or not eating right. But mostly, I want a group that will help me be able to support myself in the long run. And, if you're going through a similar journey, I'd like to be there for you, as well. Let's workout together–let's make healthy happen.

I'll stop before this gets any cheesier, and you're a trooper if you've made it this far. Stay tuned for more posts/photos, and maybe the occasional video. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment