Friday, December 11, 2009

What I hate about the holidays

Tonight, I went to a lovely grown up shindig hosted by one of my editors and I realized something I hate about the holidays: delicious treats everywhere.

Let me walk you through my day: I went to lunch with some coworkers and had delicious Indian food (read: ghee, coconut milk, naan). Later, I went to my friend Erika's for our bi-monthly bake day and we made gingerbread cookies using my fun new Williams Sonoma cookie cutters, and fudge (read: butter, sugar, molasses, chocolate, sweetened condensed milk).

At the party, I had wine, cookies, candies, chocolate covered pecans, crab cakes, phyllo snacks, and God knows what else. Oh, I left out wine. Erika found this amazing Sauvignon Blanc by Cupcake, I had two glasses at Erika's and then bought some for the party and had another glass there. Damn you, moderation!

I'm dead serious. There's a bag of gingerbread men sitting by my coffe table I'm making flirty eyes at. Tomorrow I'm baking at Stef's. I'm making goodies on Sunday for a get-together on Tuesday. How ever am I supposed, not bask in the glory of butter, sugar and flour? I think I need to staple a list of why I want to reach my goal on my forehead. Maybe just have salads while I bake? I obviously don't know or else I wouldn't be in this shape to begin with. Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions on how to not overdose on cookies during the next couple of weeks, let me know. I really don't want to start mainlining powdered sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment