Thursday, February 4, 2010

Tiny victories

I finally took some food photos! I missed breakfast (Mini-wheats, soy milk, banana, yogurt), but here's Lunch:

A delicious Spinach salad from Guillermo's downtown. They're amazing, really crowded during lunch time but totally worth it. Joaq and I were joined by the fabulous Imelda, she's a riot. Totally want to be like her when I grow up.

I went to the gym after work and did my Upper Body work out today. It was super packed but there was a hottie on one of the treadmills that made the arm work a lot easier to do. Anyway, hit up the cardio machines and stretched, I'm totally exhausted.

Van helped me with dinner (parm roasted broccoli, grilled chicken and spring greens), here's what that ended up looking like:


We're watching "The Hangover" now, but I'm going to digress for a bit and talk about BMIs. I hate my BMI. This silly little Body Mass Index has been such a bummer for most of my fatty life...For instance, at 5 feet 3 inches I'm supposed to weigh between 107 (BMI of 19) and 135 (BMI of 24) to be considered healthy. I don't honestly think I can do that. I know I'm supposed to have this amazing, idea of what I'm doing and where I'm going with the working out and the eating right and the conscientiousness...but 107? 135??? Sigh.

Now, when I started my goal I was at 268 pounds and my BMI was a 48. Now, I'm 261 and its at 46-ish. Yes, the number is going down...but I'm still considered MORBIDLY OBESE (basically the nastiest words in the English language, EVER). Ugh. I hate, hate, hate that label.

As I continue my path and, hopefully, reach my goal of 200 pounds by Dec. 24, my BMI will be around 36, or overweight. My ultimate BMI goal that I'm giving myself more than a year to complete is 29, just below "Overweight" and circling around 163 pounds. All this math is making my head spin. Anyway, BMI's are crap and they make me feel optimistic/rundown at the same time. I'm going to finish watching "The Hangover" and cheer up. It's not like I'm not doing anything about the situation. I will fix this. Like Obama said last week, "We don't quit. I don't quit."

Hope everyone has an awesome day tomorrow, I'll be going out for the first time in months! This should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment