Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Designing a program

For $10 a month, Planet Fitness is a pretty awesome place (lunk alarms, old people, clean machines), but there's more. They have group design and training sessions-- FREE group design and training sessions. I signed up for a "Design Your Own Program" session for today and I met with the PF trainer, Justin (Let's just say it's a good thing he wrote everything down because he was really pretty and I might not have been paying attention).

J asked about my goals, how often I go into the gym (4 days a week), what I'm eating (I promise I'm eating more veggies and fruits), what machines I use (Treadmill, elliptical, OH! The black machine is called an arch trainer!) so on and so forth. At the end of the session he showed me his suggestions for a work out plan. It's doable. I'm excited.

I also signed up for group training sessions on Thursday and Friday, where basically Justin'll walk us through the gym and show us what machines to use and how to use them. This might be the best part: I've been terrified of the weight room so I haven't traipsed in there, which I should because it helps burn calories and build lean muscle mass. Very excited to start the program.

Moving on, I figured out how I'm going to keep a food journal without having to lug around a notebook of sorts: I'll be taking photos of my meals and posting them on the blog. This way, I add color to the site and I keep track of what I'm eating. I start tomorrow :D

Anyway, I'm getting ready to go to dinner with some friends. I'll have to watch Biggest Loser next week. Or maybe I can get Joaq to let me watch it at his house LOL. Hasta pronto!

No comments:

Post a Comment