Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Yoda knows what's up

“Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.” - Yoda, The Empire Strikes Back

He's so green, so wise. It's the quote of the day.

Anywhoodles, made my way to the gym with Vane today. She signed up for her membership and we did half an hour of cardio. It felt good to be back at the gym, since I hadn't been back since Saturday afternoon, but jeez, could there have been more people?

At first I was kinda cranky about it: Who do all these resolutioners think they are, coming to my gym, using my equipment??? WHO?

Then I realized I was mostly self-conscious about my jiggle. Hello, at my weight, I'm bound to jiggle. I was freaking out about people looking at my jiggle. At my jiggly arms, at my jiggly thighs. I'm just keeping it real.

After getting over myself, I thought to myself: Who do I think I am? Everyone's got the right to try and be healthy, and really I wouldn't really like it if people were looking at me thinking I was just a resolutioner who was going to bail on the gym 2-3 months from now. The more the merrier. I'm there for a reason, and that's to feel good and look good.

Here's to making gym friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment