Sunday, January 10, 2010

Goals for the week

I figure weekly goals are nice, especially considering I'm exactly two weeks away from my first month mark. So this week I'm going to really watch what I eat, make sure I have lots of veggies, lots of water, lots of lean protein. Must remember to eat a big breakfast. Included in those food goals is trying quinoa. It's supposed to be super delicious and healthful, so I might as well.

Now's as good a time as any to tell you a little about the President's Fitness Challenge. Basically about two weeks ago, my friend Helen asked if she could ask me for a crazy favor, which turned out to be the PFC. In it, we're challenged to work out at least 30 minutes, five days a week to try and achieve an active lifestyle. We log in our activity every time we work out and get certain points for it and fill up a star. After six completed stars, we're supposed to get some sort of certificate from the President.

It's a little cheesy, but it works. I usually end up logging in right after I work out to get the points, fill the star. It's a nice way to keep myself in check...and if I don't do it then not only am I letting myself down, but I'd also be letting down the team, aaaaaaaaaand the President. Bam. So yeah, just picture Obama shaking his head at my fatty self every time I don't work out. Again, it's nice motivation.

School starts tomorrow for Van and I'm taking her in...to her 8 a.m. class. Hey, at least I get to leave work early...woo and hoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment